Ansley M. Covey - Partner
Ansley focuses on helping clients achieve their business objectives by providing practical legal counsel in a wide range of financial transactions. Prior to joining May Oberfell Lorber, Ansley worked in-house in both legal and compliance capacities at a regional bank with a multi-state commercial lending footprint and a large national and international equipment financing presence. Prior to that, Ansley practiced for ten years in the areas of banking, corporate and financial transactions, real estate, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. Ansley’s passion for coaching and mentoring is evidenced by her significant involvement in training seminars and programs for attorneys and clients alike.
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate & Business
- Commercial Real Estate
- Represented the agent in and out-of-court restructuring of an auto parts manufacturer resulting in a $220 million senior credit facility consisting of several tranches of term loans and an ABL revolving facility.
- Represented a hotel developer in a $54.4 million leveraged acquisition, and subsequent redevelopment, rebranding, and management, of a portfolio of seven hotels located in three states.
- Represented an energy company in the $200 million leveraged buy-out of oil and gas assets.
- Represented operational joint venture partner in the $127 million sale of a five-star hotel subject to various tax incentives and multiple levels of equity joint ventures and debt financings originally implemented as a result of complex new markets and historic tax credit requirements, with retained management rights thereto.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Michiana Forty Under 40, 2017